Wednesday, September 18, 2013

23


So today is my 23rd birthday. Isn’t that insane? While I was at school, I got stopped in the hall by a principal asking why I was out of class. She then realized that I was a student teacher and said I just looked so young. Made my day!

Well seeing how this is my last birthday in college, I thought I would take a little trip down memory lane of birthdays past.

Freshman Year: I was barely turning 18. No one knew who I was. Yet somehow my home teacher and now good friend, Moroni, brought me a Dr. Pepper. My roommates made me a cake. For a little lost freshman, it meant a lot.

Sophomore Year: My roommate Jenny threw me a surprise birthday. It was an extra surprise because it was actually the day before my birthday. The apartment was PACKED with people, none of which I knew. I started getting hugs from all these strangers who knew my name.  It was a blast! They made me wear a crown and I played a song on the guitar. The actual night of my birthday, I went to a bonfire in Vivian Park with about 20 people. I walked up to the bonfire to find a random boy playing my guitar about 15 ft up in a tree. We also had a girl that no one knew dressed up like Lady Gaga show up with her dog and they ate all of our marshmallows. I then somehow got talked into camping in the park that night. And by camping, I mean 20 people squished on two tarps with limited sleeping bags and pillows. It was one giant spoon and the longest night of my night haha. However, it was the night I met the boy I would continue to date the rest of that school year.

Junior Year: I went out to dinner at Guru’s in downtown Provo with my friends, watched a movie and then got dumped by a guy I wasn’t dating (who I would actually end up dating on and off for years to follow)… Now I laugh about it, at the time I was completely confused.

Senior Year: I went out to dinner at California Pizza Kitchen with a group of friends. We then went and watched Mean Girls (the best!) and I had my first kiss with the guy I started dating.

Super-Senior Year (Yikes!): My roommates threw me a party in my apartment. There were so many people crammed in my apartment! It was full circle from my sophomore year because it was the same situation except I knew everyone! It was awesome to see all my friendships from college all in one place.

Student Teaching (or Super, Super Senior): Teaching all day and Parent-Teacher Conference… Ha it’s not all bad. My mom is coming into town and I have some plans with friends. Let’s see if this birthday can top the others :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment