Friday, August 16, 2013

byu class of 2013


i graduated today which is insane. there was something about graduating on the same stage that i had countless performances throughout my university career on that really touched me today.  as i was sitting there, my very first choir concert came back to mind. as a little 17 year old, i was so lonely in provo. i had never even thought about attending byu and yet somehow i had ended up at this huge university. the lord blessed and lead me to byu and to women's chorus because that is were i really felt at home in provo. even though i had no family in the audience for my first concert, i am so grateful for that performance. it gave me a confidence that i would find friends and belong that semester even though i was alone. that stage was for the future for me as i became a music education major and somehow managed to struggle and eventually thrive in the program. i am so grateful for the woman i have become because i attended this university, even through all the many highs and lows . although what lies ahead is daunting, i know i will be guided to become who i am suppose to be. faith in every footstep.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment